Friday, January 20, 2012

The One Thing That is Guaranteed

I am a weather watcher and just being outside watching the clouds is such a relaxing and invigorating thing for me mentally.

As everyone knows 99% of the year, it is hot, humid and Sunny especially in South Florida. When I lived in Florida, I was a walking dripping sweat machine. I could not walk out of my house without a handkerchief in my pocket to wipe my head dry every few minutes.   I was constantly in a state of wetness from my over productive sweat glands.  I really don’t care for constant hot weather and yet I lived there for over 20 years. Go Figure...
It has been nearly 90 days since we relocated to Clarksville, Tennessee from South Florida.   I can say it is heaven for me here in Tennessee. Of course, moving here during the fall and winter months was the right time to do it. I have yet to walk out of my house and immediately break out in a sweat. I have not had to use my collection of handkerchiefs since arriving.  What a pleasure to walk around outside and not be dripping sweat.
I grew up in the Midwest and it is a pleasure to be back in the area where Season changes can be seen and felt. Not like in South Florida where if you did not have a calendar you would not know whether it was summer or winter.  
Just this week as Paul and I were out walking the dogs as usual I was watching the clouds because we were expecting a quick change in weather.  We started the week in the 20’s with a dusting of snow to nearly 70 and tornados/thunderstorms.  I remembered something my grandmother would say to us kids when we complained about something-“the only thing that is guaranteed in life was that the weather will change”.  Here in Tennessee that can mean AM versus PM weather. The Midwest has not changed much since my childhood and I can honestly say I could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment