Friday, January 6, 2012

Here's to a Happy Healthy 2012

Well we are leaping into this year, okay it’s Leap year. February gets an extra day and it just throws off all the other holidays this year.  That being said, it shall be my only complaint.

I have decided that I am taking this new Leap year in a more positive attitude. Okay I can already hear all those “yeah right” comments coming through the internet.  I am really going to make the extra effort; I am not getting any younger and stress will just kill you. So to combat the stress I am working to give as much cheer as one possibly can this year.
I have started sending out little Day of Recognition notices to my fellow co-workers. For example, I think everyone should be observing this Sunday, January 8th, Bubble Bath Day.  We can all use a nice hot quiet bubble bath; personally I want mine with a nice glass of Amaretto on the rocks.
The point is we tend to take our busy corporate ruled lives too seriously. We let the corporations dictate how we live our lives. We need to take a step back and take it one day at a time. Tomorrow is another day and the Goddesses willing we will be here to carry on with our duties.
Everyone needs to find that special hobby, activity that lets you unwind at the end of the work day or week.  We have to put an honest effort in sticking to a schedule to unwind and distress.  Even if you chose an activity to go outside and scream; do it on a regular schedule. The benefit of stress relief will make you feel better as a person, not to mention the overall health benefit.
Not only will the lower stress level work for you as an individual but the benefit it will provide to your family, co-workers and just the man on the street will be enormous.
For me I am going to be dancing the stress away, hopefully by creating my own new dance class in Tennessee. Here is to a great 2012, may everyone have a happy healthy new year.
Remember the first Friday 13th is next Friday... it is Make Your Dream Come True Day!!! So Dream Big!

No comments:

Post a Comment