Friday, October 25, 2013

Vacationing at Home


I decided to take a week off from work but this time there were no plans made as to what I/We would do for the week. We had discussed renting a cabin on the lake, going to Missouri, but decided to just stay home. The first day, I actually, did not know what to do with myself. I had nothing on my calendar! No place to be, no computer, no phone and no schedule. To say, I was bored is an understatement.

I finally realized it was vacation mode that I needed to wrap my mind around to fully enjoy this week. So I got busy there were things that I wanted to do that are difficult to arrange when you are tied to a desk during the week. I started with researching, and making appointments to obtain my backyard project estimates. That in process, it was time to get my work station in my cave cleaned up and re-organize the rolling shelves.

I have reviewed the types of Christmas lawn blow ups we have on hand and which ones will be necessary for this year’s lawn theme. What will be the front yard center piece and the back yard theme? There is a new Blowup calling my name so my plan may change by Thanksgiving.

The new Dance Gig is starting in a week and I have reviewed my first set of dances to teach. I have developed my plan of action to succeed with this new venture at Murph's Country Music Barn. Since Murph's has a live band that rotates through different styles of country, my goal is to always be teaching a dance per week that the dancers will hear from the band. I can then add newer dances to songs that can be played during the band breaks increasing the number of opportunities for the Line Dancers to get up and shake their money makers.

I knew I had achieved vacation mode when I felt at ease with sitting on the deck reading. I have completed two books and closing in on number three. I am shooting for 5 this week.  Reading for me relaxes me to the point of dosing and is my favorite vacation relaxation activity and this week there has been just enough chill in the air to sit on the deck, coffee steaming and lose myself in pleasure reading.

Today, we took a drive to Paducah to spend some time visiting our extended family the Henry's. It was a great visit and lunch with Sarah, Melissa, Megan, Brian and Santa Butch. Thanks for a great day.

To top off the week, Paul and I are going to a Halloween theme party on Saturday. This year's theme is Super Heroes. The Flash and Green Lantern are planning to attend.  I am sure it will prove to be an interesting evening; this is our introduction activity with a new group we just joined.  What better way to meet a whole group of new people but dressed up as Super Heroes...

Paul has started his Christmas Embroidery project and has been sequestered in his cave most of the week. It has been a great relaxing week, even if it took me a day or so to get into that vacation frame of mind. Vacationing at home is an art not to do too much around house and achieve that vacation frame of mind.

Keep dancin' Larry B

No comments:

Post a Comment