Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Return to Florida

We returned to the old stomping grounds after being away for 95 days.  I have to admit, I was not that over joyed being back in Florida. I have grown to love being in the Little House on the Bluff and this was our first time being away for more than three days.

It was great to be at the office for the week and being part of the office group again. Sorry Elaine, after twenty years of working independently in my own home office, getting dressed to work is such a strange concept. I still don’t know how anyone can work all day with those fluorescent lights. I get so brain fried by those things.  Plus I think I get more work done in my private, non-flourescent office.
Being back in the old neighborhood was great getting to see all our former neighbors and friends.  I have no regrets moving except not getting to see everyone. It was great to see all or at least I should say most of our friends/family this past week. We have decided that next visit will need to be longer just so we are able to see and spend time with everyone.
 I was able to stop by and say hello to Stella Cabeca, My and South Florida’s Line Dance Guru. It was great to say hello and see some of my old dance group. Stella, you are my inspiration when it comes to dancing and becoming an instructor.
Of course, the week would not have been as enjoyable if not for our adopted Mom, Ms. Honey. She opened her home to the four of us and even sent her puppy on vacation to ensure we had a smooth stay.  She already has our proposed next visit on her calendar; she states the rates will be less since South Florida season will be over.
Even though it has been a busy week in South Florida, I have to admit I am so happy  to get back to Tennessee and the Little House on the Bluff.  As they say There is No Place Like Home..

No comments:

Post a Comment