Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 Year of Dance


2013 is going to be my Year of Dance and I am so excited.  I have signed the contract with the City of Clarksville which is through August of this year then we will look at extending contract to a yearly basis. Of course, that will all depend on the success I have at establishing a great ongoing class program.
Am I worried, a little but I have faith that I am a great Instructor and that the students will spread the word that LB’s classes are fun, energetic and a great form of exercise.  I have already prepared a great variety of beginner/intermediate dances that encompass music from country to pop.  I will continue to watch the web for new dances that I feel will fit into this area. The one thing I have learned with teaching at the Clarksville Athletic Club is that Pop and Country are the two favorite genres.  I will see once the classes get going if I need to expand on that area.
I will be doing continued research to provide a great variety of great dances for the students. I will most likely pull what is popular in local clubs. I will continue to check out the most popular dances from the websites and dance classes around the country.  I want my students to be able to jump in at any club or class they happen upon.
I am now in negotiations with the City of Oak Grove, Kentucky to provide an International Line Dance program at their community center.  This would be a great location for a program due to the close proximity to Ft. Campbell Army Post. I feel we could offer a great program for the Military families in the area.  These negotiations are still ongoing at this time. I have proposed a free Introduction to Line Dance class to see what type of response we may be able to get on that side of the county.  I think we can pull students from neighboring towns like Hopkinsville, Guthrie and Pembroke by starting this program.
Yes, 2013 has been dubbed Larry B’s Year of Dance.  I encourage anyone visiting the area to drop in on a class and if you have any friends/family in the area to pass the word along that we are going to have a great year of dance in Clarksville, Tennessee.  See you on the Dance Floor

Keep Dancin’

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment