Saturday, December 14, 2013

Messages from my Best Friend…


I have debated whether I would share this story but decided my friend would not mind. As you know, I lost my Best Friend on August 3, 2013. Luke Henry was a total Nerd at heart; he was always doing things to our I-phones and I-pads.  So it should not have been such a surprise to receive a message on my calendar the week that we met a year ago.

It was a reminder that simply stated the following: “This week a year ago, I met someone that has become my True Best Friend...  He will either do the following when receiving this reminder.

A. come down stairs and smacks me on the back of the head

B. Shed a tear and has good thoughts if I am no longer downstairs.

Love ya Bulldog... Your Little Bro.”

Unfortunately, I only had one choice when I read this reminder.  Little Brother pulled a fast one on me, score one for Little Bro.

I thought okay what else Luke had done to my calendar or reminders. I only had to wait a week and got a reminder that stated:  “we need to find the Emmett Kelly photo ornaments. I want to give those to kids with new pictures.  Or You do... Love ya Little Bro. “. Luckily, I did remember that tidbit at the time we separated his belongings. I had them already to deliver to the kids to put on their Christmas tree as a gift from Dad.  I completed that task this past week.  Score one for Bulldog. But still getting these messages now were a little unnerving as well as healing.
I just received a third reminder this week, now he is getting on my nerves, just a little.  This reminder stated: ”I gave you a pin to hold for safe keeping, do you remember where you put it?  Depending on whether things are good or bad by now with Joyce, may want Paul to wrap. If I am not with you now please do what you think best but don’t’ forget to explain the pin to her.  Remember I am the top bird then the kids and then the three of you.  Thanks    Little Bro.”
So the reason my article this week is a day behind my usual Friday night post is I had to follow the last reminder through and give Joyce the pin before I could post my story.  Paul and I spent Saturday with our Henry family in Paducah and had a wonderful day.
I have been following Luke’s directions since August 3 ensuring his last wishes were followed and that I was able to wrap up his business and his electronic presences.  He apparently is always going to watch over us and send me reminders in his own manner.  I patiently await the next one, no telling what he will remind me to do. We talked about so many things the last few months; I cannot remember it all now because as he planned for the end, I never would accept it till it was actually here.
So Little Bro. thank you for the reminders and letting me know you still have my back.  I only wish you could answer just when you decided that I might need some reminders.

Keep dancin’ Larry B.

No comments:

Post a Comment