Friday, June 8, 2012

More Unique Holidays!

I got into looking up these Unique days of the year, when I was operating Surprise Arrivals. For those that do not know what that is, we operated a Web based Unique Gift and Giftbasket site for several years.  Today June 8 is Best Friend Day. This day is a time to enjoy and appreciate your best friend. It's a day to honor and cherish the relationship.
If you're lucky, you have a best friend. If you are real lucky, you have a number of best friends. Best friends are very, very special people. You spend countless hours with your best friend going to events and activities, or just hanging out. You share secrets, hopes, dreams, aspirations, and disappointments with your best friend.

Some folks say you can only have one best friend. I totally disagree. You can have a couple at the same time, or several over time.  I am fortunate because I have several Best Friends, not only do I share my life with my number one best friend. I have friends that I consider family and have been in my life for more years that we really want to admit. These are friends that have share my ups and downs and probably know me better than my blood family.

I will say that I don’t miss Florida, I miss my friends. Friends come and go for a variety of reasons. It's the result of many things, including moving, changing schools or jobs, and more. I hope that you are lucky enough to have a number of best friends over the years.

With the official start of summer just a few days away, the timing is perfect for National Iced Tea Day on June 10th.

In 1904, English tea plantation owner Richard Blechynden set up a booth to sell hot tea at the St. Louis World Fair. It was a sizzler of a day, and fair visitors didn't want anything hot. Rather, they needed something to quench their thirst... something cold. He dumped some of his hot tea into ice and served it cold. It was an immediate hit. This was the first known use of iced tea.

Chances are, it is already hot in your area. Today may serve as a good reminder to make and enjoy your first (of many) Iced Tea drink of the season. Have it plain, add a little lemon, or sweeten it with sugar. Iced Tea is certainly a favorite summer cooler of millions of Americans.  

It takes no imagination to decide how to enjoy this great day: Grab an Iced Tea and head out to the hammock strung under a shady tree.

Till Next Time, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment