Friday, June 15, 2012

Peanutochocoholic Cake


If you are like me, Chocolate and Peanut Butter are two of my favorite pig out foods. It came to me while having a secret meeting with my favorite candy Reese's Peanut Butter cups.  Why not create a dessert that combines my two favorites.  I originally created this recipe over a year ago as a treat for my own birthday. I recently tried it again but made a few changes to the recipe. After Paul and Cindy both agreed it was delicious and a winner. I received lots of request just from my picture of the final cake on face book for the recipe. Here is the final recipe.  Enjoy.

Take any Chocolate Cake mixes that you prefer. I recommend one with the pudding already in the mix.
Follow the cake recipe on the box but add ¾ bag miniature Reese's Peanut Butter cups chopped to the mix... two 8 inch cake pans prepared as cake box recommends.
Bake the cake as recommend and set aside to cool
Peanut Butter cream cheese filling
1/2 cup Powder Sugar
8 oz. of cream cheese soften to room temp
1/2-3/4 cup of Peanut Butter
Whip till nice and creamy
Fold in 1 cup of cool whip
Put this filling in between the two cakes
Cake icing
8 oz. cream cheese room temp
3/4 cup Powder Sugar
½-3/4 cup chocolate syrup(you can also melt chocolate chips)
Whip till creamy
Fold in 1 cup of cool whip
Blend the powdered sugar, cream cheese, syrup and cool whip till creamy, I recommend taste test to adjust to your level of sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment