Saturday, December 15, 2012

Homeward Bound

Well it has been a hectic week in South Florida, it was great to see old friends and to be in the office. I always enjoy being in the office and seeing all my fellow co-workers even though I have to admit I get more work done in my own little office in Tennessee. I mean after 20+ years of working alone in my home, the concept of dressing and driving to an office is just so foreign to my mindset.

I got the chance this week to teach some line dancing, and dance with a large number of the field staff. Now that was a fun day and I have the video to use for blackmail if the need ever arises.. Just kidding.. or am I .

I also got to surprise my International Line Dance Instructor, Stella Cabeca. I was able to announce in her Thursday night class that because of her encouragement, support and mentoring; I will be signing a contract with the City of Clarksville, Tennessee to provide an International Line Dance class at the Crow Community Center starting in February, 2013.

Yet as I sit here at the Ft. Lauderdale airport; a calmness has come over me for I know I am heading home. What a difference a year makes in one's life, for over 20 years South Florida was home. Now it is a place where the office is located and long time friends live.  I know I am always welcome down in South Florida but I also know it will never feel the same, it will never be home.

It is simply too busy, too crowded and just too hot for me now. I am a Tennessean now and could not be happier.  The pace of life is slower, people are friendly and a whole lot less of them to deal with than here in South Florida.

So yes it was a good week in South Florida but can they load this plane any faster. My body and soul needs to be back in the hills of Tennessee.  

Keep Dancin'  LB

No comments:

Post a Comment