Friday, May 24, 2013

Geek Pride Day, Honoring those Techies every where!

Well in honor of Geek Pride Day , May 25th, I have to pay homage to the wonderful Tech support team with Brain Host.  A week ago, I tried to sign into the Admin side of my web site and kept getting critical errors. I was cut off from everything. I was not able to do any site work on computer or Ipad.  Of course, after I recovered from the shock, I ran every diagnostic I have on the computer and Ipad. I deleted files/programs I determined were not necessary any longer.  I still could not resolve my problem and I am pretty good with this techie stuff.  I then composed a detailed description of my problem and what I had done to resolve it on my end and sent to Brain Host Support.

 They responded quickly and stated they felt that site was functioning. I was able to sign in one time and the next day same issue reappeared. So off went another email. This time they felt the IP address was being blocked by their server so they fixed that but that did not resolve my critical error message and then we discovered the site itself was no longer available to public. Visitors could see the first page they landed on but if they tried to go to another page they would see an error page.

Now this continued for the week, emails back and forth, attempts on their side, frustration on my side. Finally they fixed the site and the Admin side of the site. I can now do what needs to be done but now the Logo on the site has disappeared.  I can live with my missing Logo for a day or so, while they investigate what has happen to that piece.   I am just pleased that I can update the site and enter data again.

I appreciated so much all the patience and knowledge that these support guys provided to help me.  Even when they, themselves could not figure out why the site was doing this strange action.  I got to thinking how difficult it must be for them every day dealing with irate customers and strange computer issues.

We all have that support person in our company or even in our own home that is always catching the heat when our technology goes awry.  So why not let them know we do appreciate and acknowledge their skill. The next time you speak to a support person, express your gratitude and apologize for your attitude.  For that person in your home, make them a special dinner and thank them for putting up with your impatience.

Keep Dancin’  LB

No comments:

Post a Comment