Friday, September 6, 2013

Good Bye Valmarich


Our Ms. Honey (Ellen Valinski) and I attended an all-day seminar over 5 years ago on starting a web based business. The two of us along with Paul decided to create VALMARICH. We came up with the name by using parts of each of our last names.  So we became Valmarich, LLC, a Florida based company. We purchased license for the website and I became the web master.

Our first site was SurpriseArrivals.com; this was a Gift basket and Unique gift site. We developed contracts with several suppliers and did quite well our first two years. Honey and I developed a Blog to accompany the site that featured articles on party planning, recipes and daily life events. Then the economy took a turn and being a small business we could not offer the free shipping that the larger sites could offer. Our great little business started losing money and we decided to close SurpriseArrivals.com.

We then took our company name and revamped the site into an Educational and information based website, Valmarichllc.com. We had links to a vast array of educational sites for professionals to earn their continuing education credits. We purchased licenses to eBooks and other educational material for purchase through the site. We continued our Blog and incorporated educational articles along with our weekly rants from recipes, party planning and just everyday life.

The site has continued for the past 2.5 years making just enough to offset some cost of operation but not a true money maker. VALMARICH then developed a new site 2 years ago called LineDanceNews.com. This site is an education/Information site for the dance community. We now host Stella Cabeca's website and offers its own blog entries on entertainment, dance, music and Stella's life story just to mention a few topics.

Ms. Honey passed away earlier this year and writing the blog was just not the same for me. I floundered along most of this year but the spark of building a web based business was not there. My friend Luke inspired me to write again but I still was not able to focus on building the business.

After much reflection, Paul and I have decided to dismantle VALMARICH, LLC as of December 31, 2013. Valmarichllc.com went off line as of September 1, 2013.  It has been a great experience and I have learned a great deal about operating a web based business. Unfortunately, we just have not hit upon our sweet target product. 

Although the dream, Ms. Honey and I had back 5 year plus to build a web based business is being put to rest. I will always remember her zeal for trying something new.   Valmarich may be going away but LineDanceNews is not. I will focus on further development of LINEDANCENEWS.COM and continue being Stella's webmaster for her site.  Luke showed me how to live life and inspired me to write. I will continue my weekly ranting on the blog which will now be LineDanceNews and Larry B’s Blog.  NEW ADDRESS www.linedancenews.blogspot.com

It is now time to follow Luke’s example and live life to its fullest. Full steam ahead and first step accomplished for me by taking dance classes.

So we say good bye to one dream and work toward the future. Who knows our next great thing may just be around the corner but unless you are willing to move forward  you will never know…

Keep dancin' Larry B.

No comments:

Post a Comment