Friday, October 4, 2013

Time to Oneself


I realized the past couple of weeks that I had been on a continuous all hands on deck energy level for over 8 months. Yes, I know I am a thick headed Missouri Mule and it takes a freight train to get through some times. I had been with someone at all times of the day for past 8 month period.  I needed to totally be alone for a few days and pull back so I only had to think of myself. So that is what I did last weekend.

It was a perfect time for Paul to take a trip to visit Tom. I explained to Paul that I had not been alone since December 2012 at least any more than a few hours day. I needed to be alone for a few days to energize my psyche. I had to be with just me...

I know a few individual would have run screaming at just the thought of that scenario.  I took the time to let myself reflect over the past 9 months of my life. To say it was uneventful would be the farthest from the truth. It was the most rewarding, most spiritual, most frustrating, most emotional, most heart breaking 9 month period in my life. I can say without hesitation, I would do 99% of it all over again.

I did not sit around in thought and meditation all weekend but I did take the required time for me to get back in an even plane. I also was determined to push myself physically to ensure a whole body and mind cleansing. I was so sore Sunday I had a hard time getting up from sitting position.  I have not felt so at ease and exhausted in a very long time...

I have a refreshed out look over the past 9 months and an improved direction for what I need to do for myself.  I just need to ensure I allow myself to take the time for me on a more regular basis without guilt or feeling selfish. Each of you, need to take that personal time for a healthier outlook on life. Without this special time for reflection, meditation and physical activity, you mind and body gets fuzzy, sluggish and entrenched in just following the flow of life instead of actually leading your own life energy.

I know I feel more in control of leading my life in the direction I foresee best suited for meat this time, on this day, in October 2013. Who knows what tomorrow holds; life goes on.....

Keep Dancin' Larry B.

No comments:

Post a Comment