Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring has Sprung in Tennessee


We just celebrated our 4th month anniversary in Middle Tennessee and thanks to it being Leap Year it happened on the 29th of February.  This has been an unusually warm winter here in Tennessee and the last day of February was no exception with Severe Thunderstorms and Tornados hopping around the area.
The past two days have been warmer than usual for March with 84 degrees today and winds up to 60 miles an hour.  Even as I type this entry, there are Tornado warnings for the counties just south of us. Being a weather watcher, it has been a wonderful few days for me, even as I sat in my office working, watching the trees outside my window swaying  in the wind gust was hypnotizing.  The best thing about living here for me is the weather is constantly changing. I was always bored with the usual boring Sunny hot days in South Florida. The only season that excited me was Hurricane season, just the possibility of some interesting storms.
I grew up in this general area as a child and back then there were very different weather patterns. The seasons were fairly predictable.  Now it appears to be no set season for such weather.  This year we have gone from 20’s to 50’s at night and 40’s to 70’s during the day in a 24 hour period.   To date, we have not had any major Winter storms, with no ice or snow.  Actually, it has been a boring winter but Springs is holding great promise.
 March appears to be entering with a Roar this year, and frankly I am thrilled to be able to sit here and watch the storms rolling in over the hills and valleys.  I have also found living above a large river also offers us unique weather conditions, watching the fog rise from the river and roll over the ridge of the bluff into the back yard, is so relaxing to me.   
True it has only been 120 days but Tennessee is still a great place to live in my hillbilly opinion..

No comments:

Post a Comment