Friday, March 16, 2012

House Hunting in Clarksville, TN

Although we are comfortable in the Little House on the Bluff, we have started looking for a larger home to accommodate the two of us and eventually Dad. Each weekend for the past month, we have been taking off in every direction to get a feel for the area and the neighborhoods we would like to consider.
 We like the side of Clarksville that we currently reside and would like to stay somewhere in the general area. We feel this part of Clarksville suits our needs and is close to the activities we like to do.   
I already have a dislike for neighborhoods that yards back up against each other, after only 5 months of having a backyard that looks out onto trees, valley and river. I get anxiety of thinking of having some yard rats and other people living directly behind me.  I have definitely gone back to my roots of country living.
We recently placed a bid on a foreclosure, which we are one of 10 bidding for it.  The house lay out is perfect for our needs. Dad would have his own living space, I would have my own office space and Paul could even have a space for his hobby projects. It has a garage big enough to put four cars in and a large fenced in back yard. Yet, the only thing I can think about is the 3 kids and 3 large dogs living next door, and no trees out back; I can see the whole neighborhood’s back yards.  Karen, our realtor, said “Larry, the kids grow up and move out, the dogs grow old and die”. My response “what the hell do I do till that happens?” I see a long summer of planting trees if we by chance are the lucky ones on this house.
 If not I won’t be that disappointed for Clarksville has lots of neighborhoods that still back up to natural forested areas.  I watch too much HGTV, because I immediately look for options to how the house is laid out and what can I do with the yard. My must have list is not that large, separate office space, garage, and a back yard that has no neighbors.  Yes, I would be happy to be in the hills with my closest neighbor being on the other side of the hill or valley… for now the Hunt goes on...
Till next week. LB






No comments:

Post a Comment