Friday, December 2, 2011

Holidays are in Full Swing

Decorations galore are not the only hints that the holidays are upon us. Dinner parties, cocktail parties, cookie swaps, caroling and shopping.   Shopping  and Shopping, did I mention Shopping. Whether it be at the mall or in the comfort of your home in front of your computer. There are so many choices for your gift giving pleasure.

This year the best gift that I will receive is spending the holidays with my Dad and Sister. After 20 years of spending the holidays in Florida with our Friends/family there, this year, I actually get to spend the holidays with Dad and sister.   Although, I will miss the special time we have had with our  Florida family/friends all these years.  This year just has a very special feeling for me. The holiday weekend is planned with a great meal and quality time with the both of them.

Another huge difference for Paul and I is that our complete yard decorations are in storage in Florida, living in a Condo does not offer any real yard space for the 20-25 inflatables that I would put out in my yard and the neighbors yard each year.  Paul is going through Holiday decorating withdraw due to not being able to put up his tree, ornaments and all the indoor decorations.

We have been in our Tennessee home for 30 days and have done a great deal of work to make it home and energy efficient.  New Flooring is the final improvement and so the tree can not be brought out till the flooring is down.  Not sure if this will be completed prior to the holiday, so I may have to see if we brought the little ceramic and 2 foot tree of our mothers to curb his holiday decorating withdrawal symptoms.

Next year, we will have our home decked out to the max for the holiday.  We wish all our Florida Family/friends a wonderful holiday and will miss you all. Take Care. Happy Holiday.. till next time LB

No comments:

Post a Comment