Friday, December 23, 2011

What Attack on Christmas?

I keep hearing that Christmas is under attack. Congress has even touched on the matter as if that is the most important issue they have to deal with at this time. But I digress.. I am having a hard time understanding just what is attacking Christmas.  Is it the fact that the retail stores start advertising and putting out their Christmas items before Halloween has past.  Maybe its the Condo Association that is fighting a owner for putting out colored lights instead of only clear lights. 

I just can not figure out what is attacking Christmas, as I sit in front of our beautiful Christmas tree, listening to Christmas music and all the Christmas cards from friends and family. Where is the attack, what is the attack, who is doing the attacking?

Can anyone tell me? 

The only thing I can think of is the attack is from those spouting the issue that Christmas is under attack.   I just don't understand why human beings can not just get along, this country was founded on freedom.  Freedom of speech, Freedom of religion, Freedom to be who and what you are without prejudice.  At least that was what I was taught in a small country school in the rural midwest.

I personally, think that those that are claiming there is an attack on Christmas are just trying to create a diversion so they gain more votes in the upcoming election.  We as Americans are always under attack, from outside our borders and more dangerous within our borders. Ultra conservative, Ultra liberals, Ultra Religious, Ultra white, Ultra Black, Ultra, Ultra Ultra. Oh there I go digressing again..

Attack on Christmas, I don't think so. The attack is on the American people, who for the most part just want to enjoy the Holiday in Peace and Good will to all.

Merry Christmas  and Happy Holidays to All.....

No comments:

Post a Comment