Friday, November 9, 2012

Dancing into 2013


It has been a great two months here in Clarksville, TN. We have moved into our new home and have everything completed as far as the house itself is concern.  We have also had our first visitors from Florida and we hope they had an enjoyable time at the Orchard Hills B & B.
I have been busy not only with work and setting up the house but have had a great gig at the Clarksville Athletic Club teaching Line Dancing. The last group that attended my classes has requested private classes which I will start holding on Tuesday evening at the house. We are going to utilize Paul’s half of the Man Cave for these private classes.  This should be a great experience and gives me the chance to learn new dances along with this group.
The newest group of students at the Athletic Club promise to be a lot of fun as well. I have a group of young ladies that are really into dancing.  My favorite is going to be a young lady about 10 years old that wears red high top tennis shoes with hot pink laces.  She was so much fun this week and of course, after class demonstrated her tumbling abilities as well doing back flips across the floor. Now I wonder if I can get that choreographed into a dance...
I am currently working with the Oak Grove, KY Community Center regarding establishing a class or classes with their program director. She wants to introduce more variety of classes to the local community there in Oak Grove.  I have also been in communication with the manager of the Electric Cowboy, the local night club.  I will continue to market the local clubs to establish a permanent location for my classes. 
It has been difficult to get established in a permanent location to conduct my dance class but I know that 2013 is going to be a promising year. I have students now that will spread the word and along with my continue persistence in promoting myself, LB’s Line Dance Class will become a reality.
Here is to a great 2013.
Keep Dancin’ LB

No comments:

Post a Comment