Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ms. Honey's Tennessee Adventure

I am turning the blog over to Ms. Honey for a few entries. She stated part of my Birthday present she would do a few articles on her great adventure to Tennessee.

Hi, it’s me, Ms. Honey, on the morning of Sunday, October 14; I was picked up at home for a great adventure, a trip with Tony, Keith, Rosie and Molly to visit my extended family in Clarksville, Tennessee. We had been invited to be house guest in their beautiful new home, none other than Larry and Paul.
They had asked me to visit for three weeks and I thought that might be too long for them to put up with me. They insisted it was not an issue. So Tony and Keith asked me to drive up with them to visit my adopted boys. I graciously accepted as I had never seen that part of the country, especially in the fall. Unfortunately, Keith and Tony could only stay for 4 nights since Keith had to be back to work the following Monday.

The road trip was very nice with the changing of seasons from all green to the most spectacular colors of fall. Rosie and Molly were great company for me during the long drive. We stayed overnight in GA and were up the next morning for a great breakfast then back on the road again. We arrived about 2:30 pm Monday at Orchard Hills Drive in Clarksville to Paul and Larry’s beautiful home. Larry had the outside decorated for fall and Halloween.

We were greeted by my two dear friends of whom I’ve missed dearly. Right then I thought 3 weeks would not be long enough! We were served by Paul our Chef for the day a wonderful meal. Our accommodations were”Five Star” . I had my own lovely room especially decorated for Ms. Honey, private bath complete with a crown over the commode. I knew then I would be treated like a Queen.  How true that was and this was just the beginning.

Tuesday morning, we were off to Nashville to sight see and enjoy the beautiful fall day. We had dinner at the Catfish House which was great. Wednesday was warm enough to sit on the beautiful deck overlooking the colorful woods in my bikini. Okay, so I forgot the bikini... Later in the day we toured Clarksville which is a lovely city and out to the property that Larry and Paul own out in Palmyra TN.

Thursday, it was off to Lambert’s Restaurant in Sikeston, Missouri. It was a great 3 hour ride and well worth the trip to this renowned Roll Tossing Epicurean delight. So much to see and eat. This place has been featured on the Travel channel and other TV shows as the countries pig-out place. It was an experience I won’t forget. We stopped at a place called Boom land on the way home and did a little tourist shopping.

Friday was cold, so much for the “bikini” weather. Dinner was at O’Charley’s and then off to an outdoor concert in historical downtown Clarksville. Lots going on here.  I started wearing layered clothing.

On Saturday, it was off for a beautiful ride to Lake Barkley in Kentucky. We went Antique Shopping in lovely little town of Cadiz, Kentucky the Ham town.  Then a great country buffet at the Lake Barkley Lodge with a window table overlooking the lake.

We made it back home for a respite then it was off to Tiny Town Bingo for a night of gaming. Larry was a winner brining home $250.    Sunday we stayed around Clarksville and the boys did their weekend shopping and took me to another great antique place called Aunt Lucille’s. Sunday reminded me of my weekends with the boys when they were in Florida. I called it schmoozing with my boys.

This was just the first week and I have two more to go.  More to come from your “Old Southern Belle” Ms. Honey.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment