Friday, November 2, 2012

Ms. Honey's Great Tennessee Adventure continues

Well week two started off nice and warm, Monday, October 22nd, Larry cooked on the big new grill on their deck, Cindy, Larry’s sister joined us for a great steak dinner. Did I mention I am following Larry and Paul’s diet program?  It is really good and lots of food, I cheat a little; it is hard teaching an old dog new tricks.
Tuesday, I went shopping with Larry, who took the day off from his hectic work. It was nice to be able to take my time and wander up/down every aisle in the stores. Paul is good to shop with if you have roller skates. But I love him anyway.
Wednesday, Paul and I went to Kirkland’s where I did a little Christmas shopping. He even consented and took me to the Dollar store which he hates to do but endures it for my pleasure. Thursday, it was off to buy a lovely electric fire place, an early birthday gift from Larry to Paul. Great news, I have lost three pounds since arriving and following the boys diet program.  I think I will keep this up.
Friday was icy rain and cold. Larry’s Dad surprised him by showing up that afternoon with his sister for the weekend.  Larry took us all to the Catfish House again and I had the best Fried Oysters I have ever had. No weight watchers night for me.
Saturday, October 27th, Larry took us to the Nashville Flea Market at the Tennessee Fair Grounds. This is one of the largest flea markets in the country and held the fourth weekend of every month.  It was cold and windy but we did make it through two of the buildings, I could have spent all three days there.  Larry took us to a great Sushi/Japanese restaurant on the way home. Everyone has seen the lovely photo of Paul and I passed out in the back of the van on the trip back to Clarksville. I still have to get Larry for that one.
Sunday, Paul made a wonderful breakfast for everyone. We visited with Larry’s Dad before he left to go back to Missouri. Larry prepped a casserole for dinner and then the three of us then did the Sunday Schmoozing to Sam’s and the boys bought another electric fireplace for the master bedroom. Then it was home to relax at home while Larry created a new flower bed on the west side of the house for the mums to take residence and mowed his lawn.  Chef Larry then finished up the casserole for dinner, a wonderful Butternut Squash Shepherd’s Pie. They are sure making it hard for me to go home. One more week to go and I have lost another 2 pounds.
Till next time
A Thinner “Old Southern Belle” Ms. Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment